I jut love these cute lamington angels. They are always a hit with the whole family!
These look great at any birthday party and celebrations like baby Christenings. What I love best is the fact you can quickly and easily make them and they look so great! No icing techniques to do, but can make them look different by making them “angel wings”, “top hats” or Sponges. mmm YUMMY. The kids love to help with this one… why not grab one of the amazing kids aprons from La Toriana ~ online baby/kids shopping boutique.
90g butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
2 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup (80ml) milk
2 cups (320g) icing sugar
1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
1/4 cup (100g) raspberry jam
1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream, whipped
1. Preheat oven to moderate (180°
C fan-forced). Line 6-hole or 12-hole standard muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Beat butter, extract, sugar, eggs, flour and milk in small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are just combined. Increase speed to medium, beat until mixture is changed to a paler colour.
3. Divide mixture among cases; smooth surface.
4. Bake large cakes about 25 minutes, small cakes about 20 minutes. Turn cakes onto wire rack to cool.
5. Make chocolate icing.
6. Remove cases from cakes. Dip cakes in icing; drain off excess, toss cakes in coconut. Place cakes on wire rack to set.
7. Cut cakes as desired; fill with jam and cream.
Melt butter in medium heatproof bowl over medium saucepan of simmering water. Stir in milk and sifted icing sugar and cocoa until icing is a coating consistency.
Some ideas for your next special occassion… especially if its a Christening.