Its been an interesting couple days here at La Toriana! It started with my facebook page vanishing, and then the rallying around by gorgeous friends and followers and customers! In less than 36 hrs we are almost back to where we were! Wow…. I am in awe of such a wonderful, supportive and embracing group online I have. So, each one of you please grab a cuppa and cake here and join me. I personally want to say THANK YOU
oh and if you love it so much (as I am sure you will) here is the recipe…
90g butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
2 tablespoons milk
250g mascarpone cheese
1/4 cup (40g) icing sugar
1 tablespoon marsala
3/4 cup (180ml) thickened cream, whipped
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1/3 cup (80ml) boiling water
2 tablespoons marsala
50g dark eating chocolate, grated finely
1. Preheat oven to moderate (180°C/160°C fan-forced). Line 6-hole texas or 12-hole standard muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Beat butter, extract, sugar, eggs, flour and milk in small bowl with electric mixer on low speed until ingredients are just combined. Increase speed to medium, beat until mixture is changed to a paler colour. Divide mixture among cases; smooth surface.
3. Bake large cakes about 25 minutes, small cakes about 20 minutes. Turn cakes onto wire rack to cool.
4. Make mascarpone cream. Make coffee mixture.
5. Remove cases from cakes. Cut each cake horizontally into four. Brush both sides of cake slices with coffee mixture. Join cake slices with mascarpone cream.
6. Spread tops of cakes with mascarpone cream; sprinkle with grated chocolate. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
Combine mascarpone, sifted icing sugar and marsala in small bowl; fold in cream.
Combine coffee, the water and marsala in small bowl; cool.