Just want to thank everyone who responded to our call out about your Christening day, and to help share some of your special day. There is so much inspiration to other mums who may be thinking what to do for their own little baby’s christening.
Bec here shares her special moments of Leni’s special Christening.
~ words by Bec~
– We had her baptised at Cathedral where we also were married
– Used a candle from our wedding and some beading from my bouquet to make her baptism candle
– Dressed her in a non-traditional outfit of crème/gold and blue satin ruffle dress with a fur trim cardigan – absolutely stunning outfit which I hope for her to treasure forever!!
– Robs brother and sister and my two sisters were god parents (although one of my sisters couldn’t be there as she was travelling around Australia)
– Invited immediate family and close friends who will always be in Leni’s life for the celebration
– A lunch was held afterwards where we feasted on great food, good company and yummy cake that was especially designed and made for Leni
– Some presents she received was Bunnykins feeding sets, a charm bracelet that spells her name with the charms, swarovski crystal rocking horse, silver cutlery with her name engraved on them. We have also nicknamed her ‘diva’ and Caitlin (one of her god parents) tracked down a cabbaged patch doll with ‘diaper diva’ on it’s t-shirt and changed its birth certificate to Leni. Very cute and something she will hold onto forever!
Thanks Bec… I have to say… the Christening gown is totally gorgeous!! Definately an heirloom christening gown… where ever did you get it? Thanks again for sending in your pics from the La Toriana facebook call out… and certainly lots of inspiration here for others.